FIFA paid Ireland €5 million to settle Thierry Henry's handball out of court
4 June 2015
FIFA paid the Football Association of Ireland €5 million to not contest in court Thierry Henry's infamous handball in a World Cup qualifier, it was revealed on Thursday.
How the Red Cross raised half a billion dollars for Haiti and built six homes
By Justin Elliott and Laura Sullivan
3 June 2015
Homes in the the Parc Tony Colin community in Bon Repos. Most of the residents of the community were moved from the Tabarre neighborhood where they lived in tents after the 2010 earthquake. Many residents are having problems with rain that leaks in through the holes made by the nails on their roofs and their walls are starting to deteriorate from water damage. | Marie Arago For ProPublica
The neighborhood of Campeche sprawls up a steep hillside in Haiti’s capital city, Port-au-Prince.
This Rare Philippine Turtle Is Being Driven to Extinction by Pet Owners
February 3, 2015
by John R. Platt
Poachers are capturing the critically endangered Palawan forest turtle to sell as pets in Europe and North America.
(Photo: Sabine Schoppe/Katala Foundation)
When most people want a pet, they get a cat or a dog.
- Jharkhand Shocker: Man Beheaded in India for Better Rains
- Greek Coast Guard, police linked to migrant traffickers
- LGBT people suffer widespread violent abuse, discrimination: new UN report
- Tony Blair 'in £330,000 demand for hunger talk'
- Vietnamese woman says she had 18 abortions in bid to conceive son
- Porn actors will have to wear GOGGLES under new California regulations
- Vatican: Irish gay marriage vote a 'defeat for humanity'
- Turkish minister defends spending on posh cars as 'peanuts'
- One in five Italian species 'at risk of extinction'
- Up to 8 million birds poached in Italy each year