UN: With 59.5 million refugees, world entering "era of displacement"
19 June 2015
By Albert Otti
Mediterranean migrants - © Alessandro Di Meo, EPA
Geneva (dpa) - The complete failure of governments to stop new conflicts from erupting each year is leading to a new normal in which people are forced to flee their homes in unprecedented numbers, UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres said Thursday in Geneva.
The great Moldovan bank robbery
By Tim Whewell
18 June 2015
It's a mystery that's thrown Europe's poorest nation into deep crisis - $1bn has vanished from three of Moldova's leading banks, much of it passing through UK companies.
Greek journalists were allegedly 'trained' by IMF
17 June 2015
ATHENS (ANSAmed) - Greek journalists attended seminars funded by the International Monetary Fund in order to present its positions favorably, GreekReporter website writes quoting Greece's former representative to the IMF Panagiotis Roumeliotis as saying.
- Zimbabweans trade in old currency for peanuts
- French minister calls on shops to stop selling Monsanto's Roundup
- Starbucks' New Frappuccino Flavors Are Mostly Sugar
- 17 people who look worse in swimwear than you
- Head of gay conversion group claims two-thirds ‘healed’
- N.Y. girl 'barbarically' raped by teen gangsters from El Salvador
- Thailand scrambles to boost image on human trafficking
- Roma pickpockets live in luxury mansions: Bulgarian TV
- 'The cow must be milked' - new corruption scandal rattles Rome
- FIFA paid Ireland €5 million to settle Thierry Henry's handball out of court