By David Kirby
July 2, 2015
Environmentalists Attacked for Protecting One of the Ocean’s Most Endangered Animals
There’s trouble in eco-paradise.
Costa Rica, long hailed as a resolute steward of the environment, is failing to protect endangered sea turtles and their eggs along the nation’s Caribbean coast, leaving most of that work to volunteers who have faced violent and even deadly attacks by poachers, environmentalists contend.
Add a comment
Watch CNN Confuse a Bunch of Dildos and Buttplugs for an ISIS Flag
By Tom McKay
June 27, 2015
It would be chilling if true: a man flying the black flag of Islamic State at a London gay pride parade.
UN peacekeepers accused of sexually abusing street children in Central African Republic
Tuesday 23 June 2015
The United Nations said the country responsible for the troops accused of sexual assault has launched an investigation. Photograph: Leif Skoogfors/Corbis
United Nations peacekeepers have been accused of sexually abusing street children in the Central African Republic capital of Bangui and an investigation has been launched by the country that contributed the troops, a UN spokesman said on Tuesday.
- Earth enters sixth extinction phase with many species – including our own – labelled 'the walking dead'
- UN: With 59.5 million refugees, world entering "era of displacement"
- The great Moldovan bank robbery
- Greek journalists were allegedly 'trained' by IMF
- Zimbabweans trade in old currency for peanuts
- French minister calls on shops to stop selling Monsanto's Roundup
- Starbucks' New Frappuccino Flavors Are Mostly Sugar
- 17 people who look worse in swimwear than you
- Head of gay conversion group claims two-thirds ‘healed’
- N.Y. girl 'barbarically' raped by teen gangsters from El Salvador